It is the policy of the Center for MR Research to facilitate the scheduling of MR subjects by establishing a single scheduling policy.
- All subjects must be scheduled via the PI’s online scheduler account. The contact for scheduling accounts will be:
Michel Flannery, MR Research Manager
- You must meet the following requirements before an account will be created:
- Have IRB approval for your study
- Submit a Budget Prep Form
- Sign and return the MR Budget Agreement
- Submit a Data Request and Fund Transfer Form
- Please follow the scheduling instructions found on the link below:
The 3T MR Research Program recognizes the health and fire hazards of smoking and, therefore, bans smoking on its premises.
The 3T MR Research Program shall maintain compliance with the smoking policy set forth by UIC.
The Center for MR Research provides appropriate storage, use, distribution and administration of contrast media.
- Procurement and Storage:
- All contrast media is purchased directly from the UIC Outpatient Pharmacy. Contrast media is ordered and inventoried by the MR Research Technologist. Quantity ordered is determined by the volume of examinations to be performed.
- Control and Distribution:
- The control and distribution are managed by the MR Research Technologist. The contrast media will be maintained in a locked cabinet appropriately designated for this purpose.
- The contrast media type, quantity and method of administration is determined by the Research Technologist after reviewing and identifying the subject’s provided medical history.
- During and following the contrast media injection, the patient is observed by the technologist. If any adverse effects occur, action will be taken according to the UIC Hospital and Clinics Policy No: G-21.02 “Management of Contrast Media at the University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics”.